Gamlingay’s Draft Neighbourhood Plan – the Consultation in October 2019
Do you want to have a say on future development in Gamlingay?
Do you think it’s important to have a balance between supporting new affordable housing and protecting the open countryside and Gamlingay’s distinct landscape setting with satellite hamlets?
Do you think local facilities should meet the needs of our community and that we need better footpaths and cycleways?
Do you care about protecting local green spaces for community use, such as the First School playing field?
Do you think we need to support our important local businesses?
If so, then we need your support and feedback on Gamlingay’s draft Neighbourhood Plan!
You can leave feedback online at the form here
2019 Consultation Events in the Eco Hub:
- Thursday 3 October – 7:30pm in the Kier Suite: all Themes.
- Wednesday 9 October – 3 to 5:00 pm in the Kier Suite: all Themes.
- Thursday 10 October – 3 to 5:00 pm in the Kier Suite: all Themes.
- Friday 11 October – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm in Reception : all Themes.
- Saturday 12 October – 10:00 am to midday in Reception: all Themes.
- Tuesday 15 October – all day and 7:30 pm (as part of the RSPB visit).
- All households in the Parish will receive this booklet summarising progress to date on the plan, including the Vision, the Objectives and the draft Policies.
- We really need feedback from residents and local businesses to make sure we have correctly captured the priorities for future development in Gamlingay.
- See the list at left for details of informal, drop-in consultation sessions where you can come and hear all about it and ask any questions.
- The evening sessions on 3rd and 15th October will also include a short presentation at the start introducing the draft plan, and will finish by 9:00 pm (at the latest).
The Draft Plan
The draft plan is based on all the survey feedback and evidence gathered over the last couple of years and has objectives and policies which focus on:
• Supporting new housing that’s appropriate size, affordable and adaptable
• Protecting the open countryside and Gamlingay’s distinct landscape setting as a radial village with satellite hamlets and smallholdings
• Nurturing and growing local businesses in the Parish
• Ensuring local facilities meet the needs of our community
• Developing a network of footpaths to promote walking, cycling and riding
• Enhancing the natural environment and biodiversity of the Parish
It’s really important for everyone to tell us their views on the draft plan, themes and policies. You can do this via the form provided in the booklet, online at gamlingay-future.uk or in person at the events.